One of the most common questions I get asked is “what are some ways to make extra money Maria?”.
If you want to learn how to make a few extra buck r roos…then my friend, you'll love this!
Whether you want to learn how to make 1k a month, 2k a month, 3k a month, 4k a month or even more in 2018…
You’ve come to the right place.
Once I discovered how to make extra income, I never looked back and it completely changed my life.
Here at The Money Factor, we’ll often talk about methods to make extra cash or “side hustles / gigs” because it’s an important piece of financial peace.
We teach the YIN and YANG about money – – keeping things balanced and in harmony.
The Yin by saving your money and stopping your money leaks.
The Yang to expand your money – make MORE yahoo!
So getting more “yang” with your money flow (EXPANSIVE) can help you tremendously!
– stop living pay check to pay check
– take away your stress by learning about some genius ways to make some extra money.
– Expand your mind on creative ways to make more money
– Turn these ways into enough income to live the lifestyle you’ve always dreamed of
One important note that I must quote:
“This S&*T is binary – either you ASK for Money or you Don’t”
“When you start charging, you’re in business”
– Gary Vaynerchuk
That statement by Gary V. is really the BRASS tacks of why you’re reading this post today.
It’s a mindset issue.
If you have problems asking for money, getting paid what you are worth…owning what you are worth…
Then I STRONGLY suggest you work in “micro-steps' or “baby-steps” for you to start feeling comfortable charging what your worth. For example, write down after reading this blog post at least 3 THINGS you can do right now to make money and write down what you'd charge for that service or product!
So let’s get to it – some of these ideas maybe you’ve heard of – some I hope are CREATIVE and new to you.
The beauty of these extra ways to make money is that they can be done in your spare time and some can turn into your freedom money flow so that you no longer need to do a 9 to 5 job!
Here are the 50 genius ways to learn how to make extra money
1. Fast Cash: Consulting / Done For You Services Online. Consulting companies, entrepreneurs, local businesses is one of the FASTEST ways to leverage what you know into a seductive sweet revenue stream.
Seriously, I’m not kidding.
When I was worrying about how I’m going to make my next mortgage payment…I sold for $5,000 a “I’ll build your website service” to a local realtor.
What’s nice about consulting is that what you charge is practically pure profits.
For example, if you charge a local business $500 to create a Facebook Page presence for them, you really have no cost of goods sold to do this.
I”ll break down this category into other specific consulting gigs so that you have an arsenal of ideas to turn your time into cash.
2. eCommerce: This is a hot area to start a business online right now.
You either print on demand or make your own physical product and sell it on platforms like Shopify, Etsy, eBay, Amazon, Facebook or you simply Buy Low – Sell High where you source your products via sites like Aliexpress and you sell the product 3-5 times higher than what you pay for it.
In the ‘buy low-sell high’ eCommerce business – You may have heard of this as drop shipping where you sell the product, collect the money first from your customer, then with that money turn around and buy it from your supplier who will ship directly to your customers address. How amazing is that? You never touch the product and you don’t have to invest any money in inventory!
3. Blogging. I LOVE this method of making money online! It rocks because it's SIMPLE and you create your own “ASSET” that pays off in the long term with passive income! Owning your own blog is like having your own ‘mini media empire' and your the Queen or the King!
Blogging can be turned into a full time income replacement. It’s extremely low cost to start a successful blog (you can start for as little as $3.00 a month) and gives you the LIFESTYLE of your dreams…
Want to work in your pajamas during the day? Blogging can do that for you.
Want to travel to exotic places, tango at night and chill by the beach? Blogging can do that for you.
Want to have a ‘creative outlet' for your passion? Yup, you guessed it…blogging can be that muse for you.
So…If you want to learn more about how to get started…
4. Affiliate Marketing. Today, I’m still getting checks for about $100 a month from one affiliate program I recommended back in 2010! How would you like to start building a ‘wee little or a huge amount of passive cash flow into your life?
Affiliate marketing is one of the more lucrative….
Low cost and low time investment to start making money online.
You simply refer your website visitors, social media tribe, your family and friends to buy products and you get a commission! If you like and use something, why not tell others about it and get paid by that company when someone because of your referral?!
It’s low time investment because you are not on the “hook” for developing a product and customer service. It’s low cost to you because you don’t have to create a product and buy any type of inventory.
BEWARE! There’s some expensive, slimy courses out there about “how to do affiliate marketing” so PLEASE PLEASE do not invest your precious funds in them.
Here’s the good news, we highly recommend the affiliate marketing course we ourselves purchased and LOVE! It's from a gal who has made over ONE MILLION dollars from her blog and affiliate marketing – this is the course we recommend:
MAKING SENSE OF AFFILIATE MARKETING by Michelle Schroeder-Gardner
Related Articles on Affiliate Marketing:
5.. Create and sell eBooks & online educational courses. My first dollar I ever made online was….selling a $17 ebook on eBay!
It's amazing how one little wee eBook I posted up on eBay (back in like 2005!) went on to help my build a list of buyers who then bought more expensive educational courses from me that allowed me to make my first MILLION online!
It's crazy right – and it all started with under $20 eBooks and online courses.
Here's a snapshot inside just one of my ‘online empires' I created just to show you YES IT IS POSSIBLE!
And from the list of your buyers, you can promote affiliate products and also make a PASSIVE income.
Here's a snapshot of affiliate income from just one of the platforms I used to use:
Want to set up your first e-course?
We now use an AMAZING service that can host your “ONLINE SCHOOL” so that you can cash in on this way to make money online.
and it's called: TEACHABLE.
We highly recommend it and they offer a FREE (we love free!) course called 7 Steps To Launch Your Own Profitable Course online.
Just click this word here ==> Teachable and you'll be able to access it immediately.
6. Freelance writing. If you love to write, you’re golden. The world needs content. Companies and 1 person entrepreneurs will pay you! You can check sites out like crowd content, fiverr, contena.co.
I’ve personally hired freelance writers in the past to write ebooks and short reports for me.
7. Put Quotes on Images for Social Media: I've hired people to do this for me! If you love graphics type of work – this is a no brainer cash gig.
This is part of being a Social Media Virtual Assistant. You can find your clients who’ll pay you to do this over at fiverr, upwork.com, and freelancing sites. You can use free software online such as canva.com to create these images. You can charge a monthly recurring fee for this service as well.
8. The Freelancing “Arbitrage”. This is when you make a profit for a service that you got paid more for (say $1,000) and you find a person who can do the work for far less (say $250).
One of my first freelancing arbitrage gigs was when I got paid $1,000 to transfer someone’s blog from blogspot to his own hosted domain and word press software. I paid an expert to do this only $100.
So your talent is in the client relationship, getting the client, keeping in touch with the client and simply project managing getting the work done.
I’ve taught over 25,000 people across the world how to get started in consulting via my challenges.
The freelancing arbitrage is one of the EASIEST ways to get started. Find a service that people need, find talent on sites like Upwork, fiverr to deliver it for you.
Did you know? One guy who signed up on fiverr made enough cash to buy a house!
10. Become a Virtual Assistant. This is a huge “in demand” way to make money online. On Upwork there are VAs making up to $25 an hour. What does a virtual assistant do for clients? A variety of tasks you can specialize in such as social media management, email management, online research, data entry, graphics creation, blog post uploading and formatting, Microsoft Word or Excel, scheduling appointments, calling customers and basically doing ‘stuff’ the business owner does not have time for.
11. Proofreading. If you have a knack for this, there’s plenty of people needing this service. You can start your proofreading service over at Fiverr to get paid for something you love to do!
12. Flip physical goods you already have. There’s diamonds in your own home! Well sort of. Selling stuff you no longer need on eBay, Craigslist, Facebook’s local buying and selling groups is nice little cashflow for you.
13. Flip stuff for other people. Related to the above gig, why not do this for others and take a cut of what you sell. Plenty of people would love to have you take care of this for them.
14. Social Media Manager. If you enjoy spending time on social media, there’s a ton of small business owners that don’t want to deal with their own social media accounts. You can offer a fabulous service helping other business owners get more customers from social media.
15. Instagram Virtual Assistant. There’s money to made in specializing in one social media platform. If you like Instagram already and use it, why not turn that knowledge into some extra cash?
16. Pinterest Virtual Assistant. Similar to the above way to make extra money, if you already use Pinterest, why not turn that knowledge into cash?
17. Personal Concierge. If you love helping others and are very organized, you can become a personal concierge for an executive or business owner.
18. Get Paid to be a Mystery Shopper. If you love to shop, why not become a mystery shopper! Check out Trend Source in order to become a mystery shopper and they pay you via direct deposit or check. Here’s their site to sign up: https://www.thesourceagents.com/
19. House sitting. This is a bit “offline” here as a way to make money but hey, it’s a needed service out there!
20. Dog Walking. Love dogs? Love walking? Then get paid for it! This is an easy gig for fast cash and you can put up your ads on Facebook, Craigslist, Kijiji, Gumtree (depending where you live), or simply a note up on grocery store bulletin boards.
21. Pet Sitting. I’ve paid money myself for my precious babies to be taken care of when I travel. So this is a much needed service and if you have a knack with the animals…turn that into cash!
22. By Phone Tutor. If you have a special skill that can help people learn. The tutor and get paid for it!
23. Teaching English Online. VIPKID is currently looking for online teachers for their young students in China. To qualify you don’t have to be a teacher here’s their requirements: 1 school year of traditional teaching experience or the equivalent in mentoring, tutoring, or alternative education.
You can teach English from the comforts of your own home, as little as 7.5 hours a week, and pull in $14 to $24 an hour.
24. Professional Organizer. Decluttering people's life is a precious gift you can give them.
If you have a knack for keeping things organized guess what? People will PAY YOU to help them get organized!
I know someone who charges $25 per hour (and you can even charge MORE!) to organize someone’s closets, kitchens, home office and work spaces).
25. Personal Password Disaster Recovery Consultant. I think this is a truly untapped market here where you can create a massive consulting stream of revenue here.
Imagine this…something happens to you and your loved one (s) can’t access any of your passwords, bank accounts, information about your pets, etc.
This kinda happened to me and trust me…it’s a brutal task to figure everything out. Think about it – what will happen to your Facebook account, your Yahoo or Gmail – if you pay all your bills online now…who can take over that if you are incapacitated for some reason.
So there’s a need right now in the marketplace to offer the “disaster recovery services” where you can help individuals store all the information all in one place.
Here’s a great article from Gadget Hacks that can give you even more ideas about this opportunity: What Happens to Your Passwords When You Die?
26. Make your car get you CASH – become a UBER driver. You’ve probably heard of Uber or even used it. If you like dealing with people, and have a car…let that car make you cash. You can sign up to be a UBER driver and make up to
27. Thank you note writing service. Got good writing? You’re in luck!
We’re in an era of “all things online” yet there are people out there that will pay you to personally hand write notes. Think of all the brides and grooms that would love to outsource that task after their wedding!
28. Become a Ghost Writer. If you love to write and have a great grasp on grammar…then you should consider ghost writing books for people. You can earn $1,000 to $10,000 to do this!
29. Get Paid For Your Expertise / Coaching. Did you know you can access a bunch of clients who’ll pay you say $5.00 per minute for your knowledge?
Check out Clarity.fm where you can set up you virtual coaching gigs!
30. Chat bot consulting. This is the HOT marketing trend right now especially using Facebook Messenger as a marketing channel for business growth. This is a growing industry that will just keep getting bigger and bigger.
You can charge from $500 to $5,000 to set up a chat bot for a company or entrepreneur, and then charge a monthly fee to maintain/monitor and if you desire, to run Facebook Ads to the chat bot.
31. Become an email marketing consultant. There's one thing that grows any type of business, having a list. There's a demand for email marketing consultants to help companies keep in touch with their list.
There's your 31 ways to make extra cash and pick one, pick more than one as your “side-hustle” and comment below how you are doing ok!
Have a great day!